6 THINGS YOU NEED WHEN VISITING COPENHAGEN


Copenhagen is famous for it's cool chic and the colourful houses. I had never been to Copenhagen before, so naturally I was really excited about my trip. Copenhagen was everything I hoped it would be: Amazing cuisine, cool style and a charming city! After spending a weekend in Copenhagen I thought about my personal travel experience and what advice I would give to future travelers. Here are the 6 things you need when visiting Copenhagen:

1. Money
Naturally money is always useful when traveling the world and I think there are several cities one can do on a budget. I don't think Copenhagen is the best city to do so. The simple truth is: Copenhagen is quite expensive! Not counting the Hotel or the travel costs (flight, train, car), just being there is pricey. I paid double for almost everything from what I usually pay in Germany. Starting from my morning coffee (8-9€) and ending with a glass of wine in the evening (10-15€). Of course there are certain things you can do for free and there are plenty of guides to do Copenhagen on a tight budget, but I am not sure if that is the best way to visit Copenhagen. You might be missing out on many things that are worth to be experienced. 

2. Good walking shoes
There are plenty of ways to get around Copenhagen: rent a bike, take the Metro or walk. Since I am very fond of walking and exploring a city by foot, I didn't even bother to look up another option. Also it didn't rain during our stay in Copenhagen... I might have felt different about walking around on a cold rainy day. Depending on where you want to go, it can be quite a long walk. Even though I packed comfy walking shoes, I was exhausted at the end of the day. Still walking around Copenhagen was such a pleasure, I discovered cute little cafés, bars, restaurants and beautiful architecture that I would have missed otherwise. So if you are lucky with the weather, pack comfy shoes and just enjoy walking around a beautiful city.

3. A credit card
I did not exchange any money, because paying with credit cards in Copenhagen was very easy. The common ones like Visa and Master Card are accepted almost everywhere.  I even paid little things like water, coffee and sandwiches with it. I had read that some small businesses might not accept credit cards, I personally did not see any such store, bar or restaurant that did not accept credit cards, but you never know... So if you are not 100% sure at a store, just ask, to be on the safe side. 

4. High expectations in the nordic cuisine
If you are a foodie or enjoy exquisite food then new nordic cuisine in Copenhagen is for you. Noma with two Michelin stars is one of the best known ones, but also booked for months in advance. So we didn't even try to get in. There are several restaurants in the meatpacking district that offer course meals for a fixed price, we just randomly picked one and it was such a treat. It was one of the best dinners I have ever had. We paid like 150€-200€, but it was absolutely worth it.

5. A warm jacket and a scarf
My packing essentials for Autumn and Winter are always a warm jacket, a scarf and this time I also packed my beloved warm hat from Sézane. I didn't regret this packing choice once! No matter the season, I would always pack a warm jacket and a scarf for Copenhagen, since it can get very windy and weather can change very fast. I have been there in Autumn and it was quite cold, but I was told that also during summertime it can get cool.

6. Your camera
Don't forget your camera! I cannot imagine to travel without my beloved camera. There are several beautiful places and Instagram worthy spots, sights and parks that are worth to be photographed and remembered. I absolutely adored the Nyhavn with the bright coloured townhouses and the elegant 18th -century Rococo mansions in the city.












                

                

                










8 comments

  1. Hi Dear,
    I Like Your Blog Very Much. I see Daily Your Blog, is A Very Useful For me.
    Bike Rent Copenhagen Reserve best luxury motorcycle rental, bike rental service, rent a christania. Enjoy best place in Miami via luxury bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh it looks so charming, such a beautiful place! And the food so delicious :D I loved experiencing it through your lens! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Elizabeth,

      thank you for your kind words:D I am already following you on bloglovin:D

      xx

      Sona

      Delete
  3. You are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this blog.
    jabong coupons 2018

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post share with us.I am very glad to read your great blog.Thank you so much for sharing this post.
    fashion write for us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You shared your journey with pictures very well, I suggest you to write your views on meet and greet at manchester airport system.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments:-)